Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Grapes Just Off The Vine


We have yet again been able to harvest more from the family farm. My mom loves growing grapes and has finally mastered it! While we were there this weekend we were able to not only pick a bushel of apples but also gather some fresh concord grapes. My son of course loves these too, so much so that he took his own bowl and scissors to harvest.



 
We were able to spend the evening munching on apples and grapes, swinging on the front porch swing. It was a wonderful Saturday Evening!
 
We also celebrated my moms birthday. We had dinner in and I made those mandarin/pineapple cupcakes with pineapple/cool whip fluff! They were amazing, if I say so myself, and I usually don't enjoy birthday cake. My little man and I made some white chocolate roses and hearts brushed with yellow and gold dust to decorate. The only downside to these cupcakes is having to keep them refrigerated due to the cool whip. They were a huge hit with my family and I even made a gluten free pineapple upside down cake for my hubby! It was a great birthday celebration.

I did add crushed pineapple to the cake mix as well!

Click here for the: Recipe from TOH Website
 
 
I plan on creating a tab with all of my gluten free recipes very soon! Please check back for those soon!
 
Thanks for visiting The Cedar Seasons, please come again soon!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn