Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall is the Best of All

The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler, there is only one explanation: FALL!

My absolute favorite time of year is knocking at the door and I am ready with decorations, crafts and recipes. We have been opening up the cabin in the evening and the crisp air is making its way through. Now that I am a stay at home mom I have been pinning like it's going out of style. My son and I have made several festive treats. We have made a fall mix with cereal, those cute little acorn kisses and even gummy treats. I have also been getting into the soup and stew recipes, many of my recipes were based on a gluten diet and I am now converting them to accommodate my dear hubby. I hope to get each of them posted as I re-create them.

Pumpkin Farms & Apple Orchards
Have many of you made it out to the farms and orchards yet? My son usually goes with my dad but now that I am not working we are going to take a trip together. It's so nice to be able to spend time with two of my favorite guys. We are planning a trip this week and I hope to make a few new recipes with the apples we harvest.
We have also made it to the local farmers market to pick up a couple pumpkins for decoration. Our patch didn't yield this year, so we had to go in search. We ended up finding two that were perfect. The smaller of the two my son ended up getting for free because the farmer thought he was so adorable. I love living a country life, everyone treats you like family. I hope my son will be able to pay it forward!






Nature & Love
After exploring the yard I have discovered many blooming flowers and even a few strawberries. It's nice to see that it's getting warm enough to continue to let the beautiful plants grow. I've been spending several mornings on the front porch enjoying a cup of coffee watching the humming birds come and go, seeing the deer pick off the neighbors apple trees and taking in the beauty of the still flowering plants. It's so nice to just stop and take time to enjoy the small things in life.




 
 
We wish you many autumn blessings!
 
Thank you for visiting The Cedar Seasons!




Don't forget to check out the recipes page, find out how to make your own gummies at home!
I hope to get the kitchen tips page up and running soon!

Please don't forget to subscribe! Thank you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn