Friday, November 08, 2013

It's Getting Cold Outside!

Are you as excited as I am?

Okay...not really about the colder weather, but what happens during the colder weather! It really is the most wonderful time of the year! Celebrating the birth of Jesus, the beautiful lights, ornaments, garland, glitter, stars, trains, hot cocoa and more! What's not to love?
 I've been working hard on my Christmas crafts and planning fun things for my family. Since my Christmas shopping is finished, I have been shopping for my stockings. I know there are still about 45 days until Christmas Eve, but I just can't help but think there isn't enough time to plan all I want. I have such great ideas, I hope I am able to video and post about them all!
What am I planning? (To begin the list...)
- Traditional & Old Fashioned Stockings, Elf On Our Shelf (Knock off version), Ornaments, Holiday Games, Homemade Candy, Christmas Eve gifts and Christmas Eve appetizers...just to name a few. Yes I know I'm Christmas Crazy but that's okay!  :)

Now to the REALLY good stuff!

I have came up with an amazing use for old Christmas cards!



Aren't these amazing?
Yes I know! : )
You can make them too!!

If you love it and want to make your own click below for the printable template!
The video will be up soon! Please check back!
Star Template PDF
**I have made this template available to anyone who clicks on this link!


I have also put together our advent for this year. I have taken 25 Christmas/Winter children's books and given each a number. Each night we will be reading a book together as a family. I am also creating a craft or activity to go with each one! Let me know if you want me to make a list of the books I'm using and what crafts will go with each!


Just a little upcrafting....



I had these candles...they needed a pop of life! So I ModPodged them with some scrapbook paper. I also crafted this container for giving candy away!








I hope you are staying warm!

Thanks for visiting The Cedar Seasons!
Don't forget to follow us before you leave!






6 comments:

  1. Oh Lyn,
    I want to come to your house to play! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time.
    I usually have a lot done by now. For some crazy reason, I just haven't gotten moving
    this year. I think it's because... well, I just don't know. Perhaps I just need to do the
    first thing.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    P.S. I'm signing up to follow you. I can tell that I'm going to enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura!
      Thank you so much for checking out my blog and following! (You've made my day!)
      I was so happy to come across yours and your wonderful recipe news!!
      ...This is the first year since...ever...that I'm not working or going to school. I've not had the time to do fun holiday things with my son and I am trying to make up for lost time before I have to go back to work and I'm sure I have some ADHD. ; )
      Thank you again!!
      Blessings Always!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lyn! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!
    Thanks for sharing this fantastic and fun way to reuse cards - this is so me as I love stars everywhere!
    Hope you have a fun week!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I enjoyed your posts!
      These stars are so simple to make and it doesn't take much time at all!
      I hope you are able to put some together for the Holidays!

      Delete
  3. Love the ideas!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn