Monday, January 27, 2014

Carry On

Even when the world seems to be against you, keep praying on he knows your needs!
 

 Spring Are You Out There?
Here we are in the homestretch of January, I can't believe how fast it's flown by but also the amazing amount of winter we've had! These extra cold days are making me really look forward to the upcoming spring. We've even began planning our son's spring/summer activities, we've decided to sign him up for t-ball, he is super excited. I would love to have him be involved in other outdoor activities or clubs, if you have any ideas let me know!
 
 
I also can't wait until I can get outside to run/walk for exercise instead of using the treadmill or elliptical, I'm ready for a change of scenery! I have worked out everyday since Dec. 11th, (I skipped one day) and everyday it gets easier and easier. I had been stuck at 28 pounds down for a week and had almost talked myself out of a workout last night, but I didn't listen! I was excited to learn that my dedication had paid off!
(My quote of the week: Imagine yourself six months from now, don't stop it will be worth I)!
 
*Kitchen Fun*
With all these snowy days we have been keeping busy in the kitchen. My son has put together a great freshly squeezed orange juice recipe. We'll stick that in the recipe page (Click Here)! & We also put together some monkey bread!
 
 





(I resisted the urge to eat this and left it to little man)!
 

~I have also made some super yummy, low sodium and gluten free dinners.~
 
 
Flounder filet, fresh veggie salad and creamy garlic noodles. I was so surprised of how much I really liked flounder. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of fish, but this was so light and mild! I'll be making it again very soon!
 
 

 
This next dish happens to be my favorite meal since going low sodium! Penne pasta with homemade low sodium tomato base meat sauce and homemade garlic bread sticks! (Yes the entire meal was GLUTEN FREE and LOW SODIUM)! Since I am a huge pasta eater this recipe has been made more than once already!
 
 
 




*Seeing Salt*
I am continuously surprised at the amount of sodium in canned and prepackaged foods. I never realized it took so much to preserve things! I have even started purchasing dry beans to cook up myself, and so far it's turned out well. My latest trial was a bag of black beans, thankfully I had seen mom cook dry beans and I didn't actually follow the directions on the package. I didn't even use salt and they turned out great, I was able to put some in the freezer for later!
 
 
*Calm Before The Storm*
I was so happy to see a 50 degree day last week, before the snow came in. We took a well needed trip to the park and it was wonderful! It was super nice because the camp ground was closed off to campers for the winter, so we were able to take little man around to the usually busy playground areas. We even found an adorable 'log cabin'!


 
 
*XOXO*
With the day of love quickly approaching I am wanting to do a small Valentines Day giveaway, I'm not sure what I'll do yet but please check back to check it out!
 If you have any ideas leave them below!! : )
 
Thanks for stopping by The Cedar Seasons!
 Don't forget to follow or pin a picture before you leave!
*If you want to see recipes for the pictures above let me know which!*


2 comments:

  1. Those recipes and dishes look and sound really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm the penne pasta looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn