Sunday, January 05, 2014

Reality

As I sit here to type I can hear the wind picking up, and the air is beginning to cool. I thought I'd put up a post before the weather sets in, just incase the electricity has a problem. I hope everyone stays out of the cold and in the warmth of a home.
 
*Brand New Year*
As we are all settling into our routines again and learning that our 'resolutions' are beginning to fade into the distance, I want to tell you my story and maybe give you a little motivation as well....
 
 
I have spent the last three years of my life lying to myself about my weight. I, luckily (or unluckily) didn't carry it the way most people do, so no one around me even realized exactly how much I had gained during pregnancy and post pregnancy, but it wasn't good! I began to ignore what my own body was telling me,  tried to push it aside in my head, and after many failed weight-loss attempts I just gave up. I prayed hard about where my body was headed and a day later I had a physical for my job. Well, I can boil it down to having a major slap in the face and reality check. I was far too young to be this far gone and that was my turning point. I made a promise that day to myself and I won't be breaking that promise. I now have so much motivation it's crazy!! More than I ever even realized I had...isn't it amazing what your mind can tell your body to do! So now, four weeks later I am down a grand total of 21lbs.! And before you get upset with me, I have been eating! But also working out. Has it been easy? NO! But has it been worth it? YES! After returning to the Dr. for a follow up, they were astounded with the progress I had already made and the difference my body was showing!
 
Now, standing at this point in my life I realize my battle with my body is far from over! But I also know I can do this! Why? Because I LOVE my body! So if you have a similar story or want to take off a few extra pounds or even if you just want to live a healthier lifestyle then I encourage you to start today! Don't wait until tomorrow! You can do this and I believe in you!
 
*A Change In Life*
I'm sure most of you know that my husband has celiac disease, so that has been a huge change in our family diet...in addition we now have also started consuming about 80% less salt and about 80% more fresh veggies and fruits! So I am hoping that my blog will be able to follow! We are currently re-creating all of our favorite dishes with a healthier glow and we hope to be able to share all of it with you!
 
*The New & Old*
I am going to begin a Seed Swap, right here on my blog! I hope it works out as well as I imagine!
I will also continue to blog about crafts, recipes and have giveaways!!
 
I hope you have had a wonderful and very enjoyable weekend!
I can't wait to continue on this healthy journey and share it with all of you!
 
Always Remember....
If you have a goal, you can achieve it!
Start today, because today is yesterday's tomorrow!
 
Blessings Always
~The Cedar Seasons!!


2 comments:

  1. I admire your Lyn. I would like to lose about 25-30 lbs and indeed I had through a bout of sickness. Alas I am a stress eater and when I feel stressed out I eat comfort foods. I have gained it all back and am now not sure if I can get rid of it again. I'm not sure how to go about it, so if you have any tips and tricks please post on your blog.

    Thank you
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'll be pulling for you. I guess it just takes a lot of determination and will power. I've never had a weight problem, so I can't really say that I know how you feel. I can only imagine. And Good LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn