Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Winter Blues

*Back in the Kitchen*
 I have been spending so much time with my little fella, with all this snow there hasn't been much school at all. I'm sure he's ready to send me off to work, but no such luck yet. But I am excited to say that with all the extra time at home, we have come up with several amazing low sodium recipes and I am so ready to share. Today I'll be posting the meat sauce recipe that I had mentioned in a previous post and my low sodium stuffed bell pepper soup recipe will be up soon!


These are a few of the ingredients I used to make my pasta sauce!

Salt Free Chili Powder


Low Sodium Pasta Sauce


(To go to the recipes just click on the title of each picture)

*Celery Stalking*
Have you ever grown your own celery? I haven't and I'm not even sure if it would grow from seed in my area. But I happened to run across an exciting experiment. I ended up reading about someone re-growing celery from the old stalks. When I purchase a large amount of celery I always cut it off and save it in the freezer for soups and stews. It just so happened that one of our local grocery stores had celery on sale for 99 cents a couple weeks back, giving me the opportunity to try the little experiment, and so far it's working out perfectly! We have been on this endeavor for about three weeks and so far we have been pleasantly surprised. It's been so much fun to "stalk" our celery!
 

First night in the water....
 
 

After about a week in the water...
 
It's grown so much, we'll post more pictures in the next post. You will be surprised how much it's grown with water alone. I'm sure it will be ready for soil soon!
 
 
We hope you are having a wonderful February!
Hope it hasn't been too cold for you!
 
Thanks for visiting!
Don't forget to follow!
 
 




5 comments:

  1. The pasta dish looks very yummy! And no...I've never seen celery do this before! I had no idea! It's been a cold winter for so many and we've had lots of chilly evenings here, too. I want you to know how much I'm enjoying my pretty fleece throw. It's super lightweight but it keeps you warm! I love it! Enjoy your week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you are enjoying your gift, it's so heart warming knowing that it is being used!

      You should really try out the pasta sauce recipe, I was surprised by how much flavor I extracted without using much salt at all. If you ever want to check it out you can just click on the title of the picture!

      Stay sunny dear friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lyn,what a neat idea. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, and even more for following!! I'll definitely be stopping by your blog!! Hope to see you around here often!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love anything pasta, but my husband not so much! Yours looks wonderful.
    I had heard about the celery thing...I will try it myself.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn