Monday, March 03, 2014

March Winds...

....Bring snow showers!?! What? I've never heard that one before! I always thought it was...
March Winds Bring April (Rain) Showers,
April (Rain) Showers Bring May Flowers.
Oh well, I guess old man winter didn't hear the poem correctly. I am, however, hoping this is the last bit for the season. Many people are saying they don't want to see anymore snow this year, but I'm sure by Christmas 2014 they will change their minds! (I would hope). We've been staying warm here at the cabin, and making spring plans. We managed to get out a few more times at the park and play a little t-ball in anticipation of the season starting soon. I have also been pinning like a crazy person, I did put a widget somewhere here on the blog, check it out!
 
*Somewhere Over The Rainbow*
As you all know St. Patrick's Day is headed our way, and you know I just love holidays! I've created a fantastic (and easy) cupcake! Yes, it does take a little extra time, separating the cake mix to color it, but the effect is worth it!
 
~Make It At Home~
Prepare a box of white cake mix according to the package directions. Separate the mix evenly into six separate bowls, using paste or gel color each bowl a different color of the rainbow. I used AmeriColor. It takes very little coloring to reach the desired shade. I also put a dot of black with the purple to create a darker purple. (Make red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple). Layer a spoonful of each color in the cupcake liner, beginning with the purple and working back. Bake as directed on the package. Color your favorite vanilla icing or homemade buttercream light blue and add a sour strap and gold coin. If you want clouds, mini-marshmallows are perfect!
Enjoy!




*Happy Birthday*
To a wonderful children's author, Dr. Seuss. (Theodore Seuss Geisel)
As a teacher I have found so much potential in his books and opportunities to learn. My son and I make these wonderful little Truffula Trees. Last school year I dressed up as The Lorax, we read the book and my entire class made them.



~Make It At Home (Or In The Classroom)
I bought the pirouette cookie sticks, chocolate/vanilla icing and cotton candy. Just spoon a bit of icing on the top of the cookie and add your cotton candy. These are fun to make and delicious to eat.
 
 
 
*Collaboration*
I am still in need of a collaboration partner!
I have put together a super cute set of cupcakes and would love to have someone also make some type of cake, cake pop, cookie or something fun to match and then have a giveaway. I have bought some super cute items to give and I can't wait to get that going. If you would be interested let me know in the comments or email me at thecedarseasons@gmail.com.

*Apologies Are Due*
To my faithful followers I want to extend my apologies for my lack of attendance the past week or so. I have found to be lacking in my creative abilities and had been in wait hoping some warmer weather would pull me back to my old self. I am thankfully back to my cheery self and can't wait to get back into blogging on a regular basis.

I hope all of you are finding some sunshine in these snowy days.
Blessings Always!

Lyn 
 

@ The Cedar Seasons
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Thanks for following me I followed you back:) I got married on St. Patrick Day. This year will be my 30th.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn