Monday, April 14, 2014

Liebster Award

 

I like many other very talented bloggers have been nominated for the Liebster Award. I’m sure many of you have heard of this sweetest of blogging gestures, but for those of you new to the name it’s a way of showing your support to new bloggers. 
 
 
I have been so graciously nominated by Jennifer over at MumsMusingMind. I was super excited to have learned of my recommendation. It’s always nice to see the blogging community nurture and support each other.
 

*Liebster Rules*

-Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you.

-Post the award on your blog

-Answer 11 questions given by the nominator

-Give 11 facts

-Create a list of 11 questions

-Choose bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate

 
*Her Questions & My Answers*
 
If I could have any super power?
    The power to end childhood hunger.
 
What is my blog theme and why?
I would consider my blog’s theme to be somewhere in the midst of ideas for moms, but with a country flair. I began my blog thinking I would do recipes only, but have quickly evolved into more.
 
What is my favorite thing to do with my kid(s)?
Making crafts, playing outside and any other fun filled memory making activity (those family traditions that I am passing on).
 
My idol and why?
Jesus Christ, because there is only one. I will serve/idolize no other.
 
If time travel was real, where would I go?
I would say more like when, and I would have to say just after the Great Depression. I want to experience the drive and the fight that our great nation held. My mind is always drawn to remember that classic photo, “Migrant Mother.” She was worried but strong.
 
Favorite vacation/travel location?
My backyard. The best family memories are made there.
 
What is my proudest moment/achievement?
1. I have several, but the one with the most impact upon my life is the day I turned my life over to Christ.
2. Giving birth to my son.
Life mantra/saying/quote?
God comes first in all things.
 
My favorite personal post?
Fireside Summer-It showcases and shares my favorite backyard family spot!
 
Do I have any regrets?
Not anymore.
 
What would I do with 10 million dollars?
Give to no kid hungry, donate to my local school system, and create scholarships for well deserving/needing high school students and allow my family to spend more quality time together without worrying about the bills.
 
*Eleven Random Facts*
My favorite colors are pink and teal.
I planned my pregnancy so my child would have the same birth month as myself.
I am a teacher.
I never wear makeup.
I coach t-ball.
I played basketball from third to eleventh grade.
I am a Harry Potter fanatic.
Chewy gobstoppers are my favorite.
I dislike brownies very much.
I collect those large pencils (the souvenir type).
I want to own a bakery.
My brother is my best friend.
 
*My Nominations*
ThisGirlandTheWorld
LetterstoMyBrood

And because it is VERY difficult to find blogs with less than 200 followers, I have decided to stop there. If you find yourself here and realize you have less than 200 followers, then I nominate you! Just drop me an email or a comment and I'll add you to my list!
 
 
*My Questions*
1. If you could have any job what would it be?
2. What is your favorite American Historical Monument?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. What is your most common food craving?
5. What is your favorite family go to dinner, why?
 
6. What are your three favorite blogs to read?
 
7. Have you ever been truly surprised, what happened?
 
8. What is your ideal family activity?
 
9. What is your shampoo of choice, why?
 
10. When do you feel most empowered?
 
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
 
 
Thank you for reading and also another thank you to Jennifer for nominating me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn