Thursday, May 08, 2014

Hello Stranger...

I have missed you profoundly! Should I try to excuse my way out of this one?
I guess I'll just make a list for you and go from there. For the past few weeks I have been one busy momma and I am worn slap out, and the best news is....doesn't look like it's slowing down anytime soon. I guess I could just crouch in the corner and rock to n' fro but my schedule just won't permit.
 
Things I've been caught up in these past few weeks: teaching, church, t-ball, yard sales and cleaning! And of course always being a mom!
 
So now that my little moment is over, I have some fun pictures to share with you!
 
 *Kentucky Derby*
Well I'll have to admit that I did not watch the derby on TV, and I'm sure that living in Kentucky that I might have broken a state law! But I did make (Virgin) Derby Pie. Yup, I don't need alcohol in my chocolate/pecan pies to make them taste yummy!

Here before hitting the oven!

After coming out of the oven! Have you ever had this? It's better than pecan pie : )

I also made these with my kiddos at school (yes, the lesson was core content aligned)!

Want to make it at home? It's super simple.
1- 9" pie crust
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup (each) chocolate chips and halved pecans
2 eggs whisked
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup of butter melted

Whisk together butter, vanilla and eggs.  Whisk in sugar and flour.
Fold in nuts and chocolate! Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree (F) oven!

*How Do You Spell That*
T...H...A...T : )

My son and I put this together with some duct tape pages and a small wooden box. Pour over colored sand and the perfect place to trace/practice letters!
 
*Happy Blessings*
I hope you are having a wonderful Spring and I hope to be back in full force very soon!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Happy Mother's Day! Pie looks yummy :) Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie looks awesome. Sounds like your schedule is as busy as mine. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn