Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Happy July

What a summer it has been so far! I have kept myself busy that is for certain.
Our family vacation took me away from my routine, and I'm just now grasping at getting back at it.
 
*Rounding Up June*
Before heading out on our vacay my son played in his last t-ball game for his first season, which also entailed my last t-ball game for my first season of coaching. It was such an amazing experience, I was told I had more patients than anyone had ever seen. (I'll consider that to be my teaching blood)!
After returning home I began planning a 4th birthday, which we celebrated today. 
 
*Birthday Fun*
My son is lucky enough to get two parties for the price of one birthday! He thought a tie-dye party would be fun, since he picked up a tie-dye shirt at the beach. So of course he had to have tie-dye cookies with his ice cream cake. How does one make tie-dye cookies without using red dye? Well I guess you could call it a partial tie-dye; blue, green and yellow. We had fun pulling together a recipe that wouldn't melt away after baking. We came up with these! Pretty cute, if I do say so myself!
 
Then in a couple weeks, we'll be celebrating again with family and friends. We decided on an ocean party (yes it was my son's first visit to the beach, and he's a little obsessed). I can't wait to share all of my ideas and creations!
 
*Summer Yummies*
Okay, so for those of you fellow gardeners out there, SQUASH! Need I say more? I feel as though we always get too excited when we go to plant yellow & zucchini squash, we harvest/bake/giveaway until we are blue in the face and by the time the season is over we are sick of it...then we wait all winter/spring and do it to ourselves all over again! Will we ever learn?
I've come up with a couple good dishes? What are some of your favorites using either/both of these abundant veggies? 
 
We have also harvested cucumbers and red onions and this is what I've made so far: Gluten Free Ranch Pasta Salad

 
Don't get too excited, these tomatoes are from the store : /
Using 1/2 cup of each: tomato & cucumber
Then 1/4 cup of each: red onion, pepperoni, salami, shredded cheddar
And of course 3 tbsp. of each: ranch dressing, sour cream
Plus 2 cups cooked gluten free pasta
 
 
 
 *Anniversaries & Such*
I have some exciting news to announce later this week and a pretty cool giveaway to go with it!
Follow & Check back to learn more!
 
Thanks for visiting The Cedar Seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts!
I love each and every message I receive!!
Blessings Always.
~Lyn